Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's an Oklahoma Morning!

Oh What a Beautiful Mooooorrrniiingg.....Oh What a Beautiful Daaaaaay!!!!

So this morning I was woken up by the big, bright sun and a rough tongue licking my face. I know what you all are thinking, but sadly, it was just Dexter. I got off of work late last night, and BOY was he glad to see me this morning! Even though I was tired, he was not going to let me sleep another minute. I decided that since I don't have to work for a few hours that we should take a walk. And walk we did! Dexter and I walked to the park, through the outdoor market, and back home down a new route we've never seen before. He was really impressed by the sights and the other dogs everywhere, though he was uninterested in meeting them. (we tried the dog park once, and he was terrified so we left immediately) He is currently passed out between Brittni and I, so I guess it was a good morning.

Yesterday, I had my first singing lesson in New York City!! What an amazing experience. I found out that the Voice and Speech classes I've been taking since August, through my school, have really increased the quality of my voice. My new teacher said I have a really strong voice and she seems excited for me to learn how to use it. I've set a new goal to be on Broadway, at least once, in my life. Who knows what could happen...

I saw "Avenue Q" off- Broadway last Wednesday night and it was HILARIOUS! Definitely an adult show, but if you don't know the story, it's well worth checking out. It's all about puppets and people living on Avenue Q and the subjects they sing about are so funny. VERY ADULT, let's just say that. By the end of the show, you forget that there are people on stage operating these puppets. They somehow just become more characters on stage. Also, the amount of admiration I have for these actors is unbelievable! They not only have to operate puppets and act at the same time, but then they sing on top of it! What a hard job! They did amazing though and it was a fun night on the town.

The rest of my week was spent schooling, working, and rehearsing for scenes/ the show I'm in. My days are never dull here and sometimes I lose track of the day I'm on. I've forgotten what a weekend was and most nights I get about 5 hours of sleep. I miss my family and friends back home and can't to reunite with all of you...but would I change any of it? Absolutely not! For the first time in my life, I'm content. Even though life is crazy, there is a calming feeling by being here. Like I have finally found my place. I wish everyone the same feeling :) Til next time.....

Lez

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Les! I always knew you had it in you from the first time you sang & put on a show (half dressed) in the RV when you were about 3. Remember that? Makes me smile. Glad you have finally made it to the bright lights and Big City!

    ReplyDelete